PEN 2.27% 11.3¢ peninsula energy limited

Failure? I would suggest you do some more research as your...

1. 103 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 130
    Failure? I would suggest you do some more research as your comment could not be further from the truth.

Just because gaseous oxygen reduced the pH to 4 and was not successful in reducing the pH from 8 to pH 2 the target - does not mean failure, as the field demonstration release says 'an addition system for an alternative oxidant, hydrogen peroxide, as used in our laboratory studies, was developed and has recently been successfully commissioned"

It is important to mention that this chemistry is used in other parts of the world, there is nothing new here, it is tried and tested. It does require however for each mine a different optimum chemistry to suit the underlying strata.

It is also relevant that this field demonstration is actually all about increasing recovery and lowering the all in cost of production.

"Uranium solubility and production solution grades are expected to INCREASE as the recovery stream approaches the target pH and oxidation levels"

This is already a producing mine in care and maintenance awaiting U308 prices to rise, whenever the investment decision is made to re-start ( similar to CCJ McArthur River and others) it will as per previous news releases within 6 months, there has been no change to this timeline which the company would have to advise shareholders if this changed.

I have no doubt that the chemistry will continue to be refined in order to maximise recovery rates and well expansion for the continuing life of the mining area.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PEN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
11.3¢
Change
0.003(2.27%)
Mkt cap ! $238.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
11.5¢ 11.5¢ 11.0¢ $106.0K 937.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
34 2957781 11.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
11.5¢ 2799071 14
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.47pm 06/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
11.3¢
  Change
0.003 ( 2.17 %)
Open High Low Volume
11.3¢ 11.5¢ 11.0¢ 769223
Last updated 13.57pm 06/05/2024 ?
PEN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.