PEN 0.00% 10.5¢ peninsula energy limited

pen surging , page-77

1. 2,809 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 117
    HS,

You stated:
    "You go on about "pre-Fukushima hype", what about the "post Fukushima hype" that you and many others fed on like rabid dogs?

The latter hype now proving to be just that, baseless hype built solely on negative perception and without factual basis. Germany now doing a turn around as I said they would, Japan soon to follow, the US already approving new plants and the growth I and many others stated would happen is happening."

***To the moderators. While my response below is not entirely PEN specific, it does have an indirect effect on PEN. Please note that my post below is in response to a post directed at me which was also not PEN specific which was left unmoderated. There have also been quite a number of 'positive' non-PEN specific articles posted recently which were not moderated so in the interest of balance and fairness, it would be appreciated if you could avoid moderating this as well. Thx ***

HS,

It is your rose colored glasses that continue to make you believe that Fukushima was simply 'baseless hype'. A meltdown occurred in 3 reactors which has affected 80,000 farms, contaminating land and crippling the ¥250 billion local agricultural sector. Local Fukushima residents who used to live within 20 kms of the reactor are still not permitted to return to their homes. Try telling them that Fukushima was nothing but baseless hype!

While not as much radiation was released into the air compared to Chernobyl, the amount of radiation released into the ocean is the worst in history. Tepco is still having trouble containing the water used to cool the reactors which is now highly radioactive. Reports of leaks are still being made very frequently.

Just because Fukushima is no longer in the headlines, doesn't mean the problem has gone away or was simply baseless hype as you so like to put it. How many major events remain in the headlines for months after it happens? None. But if you know where to look, you can find daily updates on Fukushima and articles on how it has affected the nuclear and uranium industry. And if you follow it as closely as I do, you will realise that Fukushima was definitely not baseless hype, it definitely was not blown out of proportion and it continues to impact the industry.

Just today, Paladin announced a half year $120m loss and stated that the loss was due to Fukushima

Paladin blames Fukushima fallout for loss

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/mining-energy/paladin-blames-fukushima-fallout-for-loss/story-e6frg9df-1226271176048

Also, latest studies show that another earthquake could potentially occur in the near future where the damaged reactor is currently located and as a result of the first earthquake, the reactor building is no longer as structurally sound as before.

Stricken Fukushima nuclear plant at dire risk of massive new earthquake, scientists warn

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2100901/Stricken-Fukushima-Daiichi-nuclear-plant-dire-risk-massive-new-earthquake-scientists-warn.html

It is now nearly a year since Fukushima and the uranium and nuclear industry is still yet to recover from the effects of Fukushima. Of course, in time, the uranium industry will recover but not as quickly as you are predicting IMO.

So many non PEN specific articles have been posted on the PEN forum recently but no surprise that they are all positive and one sided. Here's one that never made it to the PEN forum:

SPOT URANIUM GRINDS TO HALT
    http://finance.ninemsn.com.au/newscolumnists/greg/8419220/spot-uranium-grinds-to-a-halt

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PEN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
10.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $334.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
10.5¢ 10.5¢ 10.0¢ $1.061M 10.43M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
82 9846872 10.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
10.5¢ 961987 14
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 23/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PEN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.