AUL 0.00% 28.5¢ austar gold limited

pending announcements, page-4

1. 7,980 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 544
    MNM has been pretty good at keeping shareholders informed about stage developments in the current projects.

Given the importance of the 20 tonne coal trial at Exergen's plant I would expect an interim ANN from MNM updating us on how the test is going.

For example something like the test and is now complete and initial observations indicate etc etc ... full analysis of the test run will be made available in one / two weeks - or something like that.

We are also awaiting official confirmation of the granting of the BM tennement (after all why bother with the test if the nod hasn't already been given).

Plus I would not be suprised to see some corporate ANN's concerning the gold and silver projects.

Successful completion of the Exergen test will render the gold and silver JORC'd projects as non-core to MNM's future direction and the obvious thing to do is to package up the gold and silver into a new company and float it off as a separate entity.

This would be great news for us shareholders as we would get free shares (and options?) in the new entity and it would also have the effect of raising fresh cash for MNM without diluting shareholders, while increasing NAV at the same time by crystalizing a market value for the gold and silver interests.

Indeed I am somewhat reminded of the corporate structure of THX when they floated off non core assets into a separate company.

I don't refer to what eventually happened to those new companies just that at the time of the divestiture and floatation they made a lot of money for the original shareholders.

In the case of MNM the original shareholders are us.

That's why I did not sell any MNM when the price went to $0.29 as there are too many ANNs due from this company and it has happened to me before that I sold a holding in a company in the hope of buying it back a little bit cheaper only to see it go into pre-open while I held none and gap up on a huge ANN. RMS a few years ago was a particarly painful experience.

Have a good weekend all

EB

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AUL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.