AJX 0.00% 1.3¢ alexium international group limited

I looked back into the Bill for F.Y. 2011 to see if there was a...

1. 272 Posts.
    I looked back into the Bill for F.Y. 2011 to see if there was a passage to amend the Berry Act.

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-111hr6523enr/pdf/BILLS-111hr6523enr.pdf

And there was a provision re the first amendment of the Berry Act stating:

SEC 821. Provisions relating to the fire resistant fiber for production of military uniforms

(a) EXTENSION - Section 829 of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2008 (Public Law 110-181; 122 Stat. 229; 10 U.S.C. 2533a note) is amended in subsection (f) by striking "on the date that is five years after the date of the enactment of this Act" and inserting "on January 1, 2015".

That's the passage TenCate reference in the announcement I linked before.

Now if we go back to the 2008 NDAA to look for the original amendment:

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CRPT-110hrpt477/pdf/CRPT-110hrpt477.pdf

We find the original amendment, although like before it doesn't out right state an amendment of the Berry Act but just says that

Procurement of fire resistant rayon fiber for the production of uniforms from foreing sources (sec. 829)

"The Senate amendment contained a provision (sec. 827) that would authorize the continued procurement of fire resistant rayon fiber for the production of uniforms from foreign sources under certain conditions. The provision would expire 5 years after the date of the enactment of this Act."

So that's just a continuation of the amendment of the Berry Act for fire resistant rayon fiber.

Now looking at the 2015 NDAA under "Title VIII" re Acquisition Policy, etc. where the Berry Act was amended in the previous NDAA's, there is no provision re the Berry Act or any re the acquisition of flame resistant clothing at all. Meaning the acquisition of flame resistant fibers/chemicals to be embedded into clothing by the DoD will be from an American producer (i.e. we presume Alexium).

Essentially all this means, that in my opinion, based on precedence of the previous Bills, the Berry Act will stand as is and there will be no renewal of it's waiver re flame resistant clothing yay

Can someone pls verify though, I'm pretty sure my research is accurate.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AJX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $20.46M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.4¢ 1.4¢ 1.3¢ $2.2K 157.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 42000 1.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.5¢ 906200 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.20pm 07/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AJX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.