Isn't it funny. Someone posted ages ago that if you liked Rudd...

1. 9,225 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    Isn't it funny. Someone posted ages ago that if you liked Rudd and hated Abbott politically, when you met them you would end up liking Abbott and hating Rudd. Probably true. It's a bit the same with Penny Wong.

Coming from the next suburb over to where she went to primary school in Coromandel Valley (Coro), I have never heard a bad word about her. As far as I can determine, she is thoroughly decent and honest and highly intelligent. As a minister I rank her as highly competent. Many of the MPs who gave her a spray I rank as incompetent. Bridget McKenzie (allegedly corrupt), Angus Taylor (his rowing team mates have made millions from his portfolio), Eric Abetz (lost three seats for LNP in Tasmania), Craig Kelly (mentally incompetent), Malcolm Roberts (a "sovereign citizen" from the planet Zardoz ), Ian Macdonald (tool).

I get that the Penny Wong haters get in a circle jerk of hate and reinforce each other, and that's just what they do. So this will be buried in a hundred anti-Wong posts.

But just saying, if she were as competent as she is as a minister and in the LNP - and not Asian, female and gay - she would be a Prime Ministerial contender.
    Last edited by Orson: 05/08/20

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.