penny

1. 13,252 Posts.
    I really read with interest your post on how expensive it is to build a House in Australia. And then quoted how cheap it was to build in the USA. Before I give you a little answer I just wonder if you have ever employed people or have you alway worked for somebody?

To employ a good tradie just a little break down I need $95 per hour to break even for one employee with transport(ute), sick pay, Holiday pay, rdo every fortnight, work cover, super, payroll tax, tool allowance and finally to pay them for the week.

Penny in America minimum wage is 5 dollars an hour no super no sick pay no nothing. So of course cheap labour will be a big factor in building a cheaper house why in America you don't have hardly in safety standards no safety scaffolding no nothing. I wish i could have these labourers.

Two while I accept everyone right to say anything about house prices, direction of the market or anything thats open to speculation. But when the buck stops with you realize you can't guess things you have to know things.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.