If your Toyota continues with what history shows of Tojo's -...

1. 80,732 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    If your Toyota continues with what history shows of Tojo's - then, it will last a long long long time and cost very little to run and keep.

From what you wrote - I would see the biggest risk would be not enough miles travelled -- cars like to be used, they need to be run regularly and run up to operating temperature.

There is a lot of talk on Rolls Royce sites about how many miles per year is the 'right' amount to keep the car in good condition - but, to keep it going as long as possible and to keep the mileage as low as possible.

I had a look at a car that ??? can't remember how old it was -- 80's I think - and a lovely car in it's day - and, it had bugger all miles on it -- I calculated that on average it had done 4o km a week in it's life - and, that included 2 trips of about 3000 kilometres --

which worked out that for most of it's life - it had done very short trips to the supermarket or doctors - and never reached operating temperature.

Then, for it's last 18 months - it basically sat still.

That car was quite possibly a huge problem waiting to happen - because cars are just like us - they don't like sitting still for long periods.

All interesting stuff.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.