pensions wooduk and others, page-3

1. 6,204 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 22
    Phoned Centrelink , evidently the new rulings are only proposals , they are before the senate but have not been voted on/legislated as yet.
    It seems now that...if you have an old age pension prior to 1st Jan 2015 your allocated pension will not be affected
    BUT
    If you get an old age pension post 2015 then the new rules apply to all allocated pensions irrespective of when started them.ie the income stream will be DEEMED with NO age reabte...
    AND
    ANY allocated pension that is not revisionary will be deemed irrespective of when you started them even if you had an old age pension prior to 2015...

The legislation will be central for the starting date of the old age pension NOT the starting dates of allocated pensions.

These proposals are the ex Labor govt's ..they are stalled now by the Labor senators , Abbott could have quashed them thus far but hasn't
    but
    I suppose the Libs grabbed onto anything to get the budget back into surplus. It is afterall a Labor proposal...

That's the thing I dislike about super...government meddling..

I will be seeking an appointment with a Centrelink FSO officer next week so thus far this is only hearsay....I did said "it seems"...

good grief....governments!!!!!!!!!!!!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.