cheers quokka....."Flying at a speed of 530 miles per hour (850...

1. 42,664 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642
    cheers quokka.....

"Flying at a speed of 530 miles per hour (850 km/h; 240 m/s; 460 kn) over the Navy Annex Building adjacent to Arlington National Cemetery,[67] Flight 77 crashed into the Pentagon's western flank at 09:37:46.[68] The plane struck the establishment at the first-floor level[69] and was rolled slightly to the left, with the right wing elevated as it crashed.[70] The front part of the fuselage immediately disintegrated upon impact, while the mid and tail sections continued moving for another fraction of a second, with tail section debris penetrating farthest into the building.[69] In total, the aircraft took eight-tenths of a second to pass 310 feet (94 m) through the three outermost of the structure's five rings[71] and unleashed a fireball that rose 200 feet (61 m) above the building.[69] The 64 people aboard the flight were killed instantly, while a further 125 people in the Pentagon were either killed outright or fatally injured."

"On the side where the plane hit, the Pentagon is bordered by Interstate 395 and Washington Boulevard. Motorist Mary Lyman, who was on I-395, saw the airplane pass over at a "steep angle toward the ground and going fast" and then saw the cloud of smoke from the Pentagon.[82] Omar Campo, another witness, was on the other side of the road:I was cutting the grass and it came in screaming over my head. I felt the impact. The whole ground shook and the whole area was full of fire. I could never imagine I would see anything like that here.[83]"

from your link with thanks.
    Last edited by Scott th Ratbag: 07/05/24

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.