Pentagon planning to send tanks, armored vehicles to Syrian oil fields, page-28

1. Osi
    16,482 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 201
    I've followed many aspects of the Syria & ISIS wars for many years now. I know what I don't know and perhaps that differentiates people like me from the flunkies, toadies and sycophants employed by Trump to do the job so badly. As pointed out, Trump doesn't listen to his flunkies so I shouldn't be too harsh on them. Even Bolton appeared half sane against the backdrop of what we are seeing now.

I haven't read the Pentagon proposal but the following comments maybe relevant.

Firstly, primary elements of the SDF will now integrate with the Syrian Army if Assad lowers his arrogance wall to retain the north. If anything the reported Pentagon proposal will (if anything) push that process forward.

Secondly, the Trump agenda (and lack thereof) is on the nose of the anti-Communist government of Iraqi Kurdistan while the primary Government of Iraq is in the pro-al Sadr camp. In other words Trump's policies see the US sitting on very thin ice in Iraq.

Thirdly Trumps decision to tear up the US agreements with Iran (because it was Obama who signed them) places strategies such as oil field control in jeopardy.

We live in a world in which the main battle tank is largely obsolete. hand held ATGMs reign. Turkey lost tanks and armoured vehicles in its latest incursion into Syria. The Syrian Army lost at least 3 of the 12 tanks it sent north to face off the Islamo-fascist advances. And of course ISIS will still have caches of ATGMs hidden around the place.

Looking from my usual 5 Eyes perspective we simply shouldn't be in the crazy debacle we find ourselves in now. Things are as they are and crazy situations can't simply be undone. My suggestion would be that the US actually work with Russia from this point on. I agree that an international peace keeping force could add independent eyes to the situation on the Syria Turkey border but that area is now variously under Assad's military control or the control of the Islamo-fascist militias.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.