UMC 0.00% $1.30 united minerals corporation nl

Trading/investing...whatever floats your boat. I do both. I...

1. 3,972 Posts.

Trading/investing...whatever floats your boat. I do both. I trade other stocks to protect my capital in UMC :)

Basically though traders do try to protect capital while investors aim to grow capital. I do enjoy trading but would never ever simply rely on a chart and do concede if you can invest wisely then over time you will have far more success than majority of traders.

I do not personnally like short selling and to dump stock on a low volume stock like UMC to generate panic sales so one can buy back lower is essentially a form of short selling even if it does not technically meet the definition.

So I simply would not do such a trade. It would be hypocritical of me to do so. Being the victim of such horrid games prevents me from doing likewise to others.

I know most that play the market are purely driven by money and not by much else but does not stop me dreaming that one day some ethical standards could be put in place. If smart enough you should not need to resort to such trickery to make money.

Besides I sold mostly out of UMC once when I went away ...to protect my capital..only to return to see lost opportunity. So now sell for good reason only...so back to basics and world economic cycles and the like.

Some trading is always healthy for liquidity I feel...so not totaly opposed to trading UMC..just that the sells the other day were not sells designed to maximise profit or protect capiltal but simply dumped to trigger stop losses and generate panic. Blind Freddy could see that.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add UMC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.