"I feel no obligation to help those in that category..... You...

1. 41,608 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642
    "I feel no obligation to help those in that category..... You seem to believe that there is a problem with our culture and it needs to change.". ... we're extremely fortunate to have been born into this country. few around the world have it as good as we do.

imo there is indeed a problem in our culture. the right, not necessarily tagging you with this, seem to think that all who aren't born and raised here are the enemy of our good fortune. they don't want to spend a dollar to help those less fortunate, even those in our own country. imo this is a selfishness that stains our national character.

but there are selfish people in every culture..... its not only Aus. but those most fortunate have, imo again, an obligation to help others where and when we can. its not virtue signalling but a necessity as those who suffer hardship in their own country will eventually find their way to other places, including Aus. its the most natural stimulus to migration patterns throughout human history.

those that do come here are deserving of the same degree of help as we might expect/hope for should we find ourselves in such dire straits.

there but for the grace of our good fortune go i.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.