ORG 0.58% $10.40 origin energy limited

People who short sold Origin with knowledge of cap raising should be jailed and banned from trading, page-28

1. 215 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 44
    Hi RVM,

I had a look at the other stocks you suggested were also shorted heavily on the 29th. I found that none of Woodside, LNG, or Drillsearch had abnormally high levels of shorting on the 29th. The only other stock that did was Santos and it seems obvious why. The same insiders would know that with an Origin cap raising, there is even more pressure on Santos to have a cap raising. So ofcourse they would short Santos too. Its just more evidence that it was shorted with inside info.

This is what was said in Business Review: While the market’s immediate conclusion after the Origin announcement was that Santos would have to follow suit, the strategic review and the expressions of interest the group is attracting for a range of core assets does at least give it options that it can compare to a rights issue at a share price that has been ravaged by the uncomfortable collision between leverage and an oil price below $US50 a barrel.

Cheers for the additional info.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ORG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$10.40
Change
0.060(0.58%)
Mkt cap ! $17.91B
Open High Low Value Volume
$10.39 $10.46 $10.34 $32.05M 3.082M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5027 $10.38

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$10.40 100000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 08/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ORG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.