BPH 0.00% 2.0¢ bph energy ltd

PEP-11 Media Release, page-68

1. 140 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 163

11. To the Australian public’s knowledge on 18 February 2021 the then Minister for

Resources, Keith Pitt’s sentiment for PEP-11 in an interview with Paul Turton on ABC

Radio Newcastle was one of full support, however to get to the stage of exploration

Advent Energy would need to put forward a safety and environmental plan that would

need to be approved by the regulatory authority for offshore oil and gas in Australia,

NOPSEMA, one of the world’s best in terms of world leading practices post NOPTA

approval.

12. Minister Pitt stated that ‘oil and gas explorations have been done safely around our

country for quite some time’. However, it would be easier to say in Australia’s history,

offshore facilities have coexisted and benefited local communities, providing jobs and

other opportunities for many years. To get to this point, decisions around PEP-11 need to

be made with national interest front of mind as well as continuing to protect the marine

environment – a balanced approached, one put forward by Advent Energy Limited.

13. On 8 November 2021, the Prime Minister of Australia at the time, Scott Morrison was

interviewed by Richard King on 2HD Podcast. Richard asked, “Do you think the New South

Wales Government should approve any new coal mines or the expansion of any existing

mines”. The Prime Minister stated, “that provided they meet all the environmental

regulations, I don’t see why not. And you know, those would have to be commercially

based. I mean, there’s certainly no suggestion that there’d be any sort of tax-payers

money to subsidise those things. Where there are commercially viable projects that meet

all the environmental guidelines and regulations and planning arrangements, then I don’t

see any reason why they should be withheld.”

14. The Federal Court case shows us (from the Affidavit 1 June 2022) that the Joint

Authority’s decision to refuse the application included the consideration of the following

evidence in relation to public opposition to the permit:

a. The introduction of two bills in 2021 seeking to prevent any exploration within the

permit, including:

i. The “offshore petroleum and greenhouse gas storage amendment

(Stopping PEP11) Bill 2021’ sponsored by Zali Steggall OAM MP, the

Federal Member for Warringah; and

ii. The “Offshore Petroleum and Greenhouse Gas Storage Amendment (Fight

for Australia’s coastline) Bill 2021’ sponsored by Senator Peter Whish-

Wilson, Senator for Tasmania.

15. Redacted documentation show NOPTA approval for PEP-11. There is a current request for

freedom of information where redacted documentation show NOPTA approval for PEP-

11. The request is pending with OIAC since 2021 and a recommendation by NOPTA has

been requested where they advised this was due on 1 August 2022. Refer: FOI

RequestMR21/01484.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BPH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $22.95M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.0¢ 2.0¢ 2.0¢ $25.07K 1.253M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
13 2871031 1.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.0¢ 681599 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.06am 16/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BPH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.