MMR 0.00% 0.4¢ mec resources limited

Kieran Gilbert: "Did you know that he'd become Resources...

1. 6,488 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2456

Kieran Gilbert: "Did you know that he'd become Resources minister, effectively, alongside Keith Pitt"

McCormak: "I knew he was going to make a decision on that, as I said to Keith at the time 'well ...' you know Keith wasn't agreeable with the decision that he was going to take, but at the end of the day he is the Prime Minister, so we'd had a discussion, quite a long discussion, an earnest discussion about the actual gas, about the situation, about what the State Government would have done, or might not have done, in relation to that, Keith wasn't entirely happy with that decision, but at the end of the day we also wanted to remain in Government, because we were fearful..

Kieran Gilbert: "could you see why people.. sorry to interrupt"

Michael McCormack "because we were fearful about where COVID was going to go, we were fearful about even more deaths

Kieran Gilbert: "But were you fearful about losing those seats though, is that what that PEP-11, decision was about..."

Michael McCormack: "well of course I think any Government would be fearful of losing seats to a decision being taken at the time which the State Government was probably never going to approve of anyway. So why cost yourself and own goal when the State Government had been considering this decision, had not made a final out come on it, as I recall, and probably wasn't going to make the decision that was going to be the same as the Government's at any rate."

-------

The text highlighted yellow could be argued that it was referring to the decision to "become Resources minister".

The text highlighted orange suggests "Keith wasn't entirely happy with that decision" which is definitely in regards to PEP11. @PollenComms you can add that quote to #30.
    Last edited by Flambeau: 21/08/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MMR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.