QAN 0.67% $5.97 qantas airways limited

perfect storm, page-2

1. 639 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20
    I can understand why the article by Tracey would appeal to the disenchanted but her arguments are flawed.

We have been over the 777 argument many times before. Its an appealing argument to those that like nice new toys and dont understand that you have to pay for them. When someone brings up the 777 as the saviour of Qantas it is a clear indicator that they dont know what they are talking about.

She denigrates Jetstar for supposedly using slave labour and talks up the Middle East based airlines. She has no understanding of the working conditions in the Middle East or what occurs on the ground in those countries. $400/month would seem like a fortune for the non-customer facing foreign workers in the Middle East. Do you know how little they pay their foreign workers from Pakistan, India and Bangladesh? Do you know their working and housing conditions? So Tracey are the Middle East airlines also unsafe?

"Qantas wants workers to be fined four hours pay for taking legal industrial action. Why should workers on $60,000 a year suffer because of mistakes made by those earning $5 million?"

Its a play on numbers but I can do the same. Please explain why should shareholders suffer $200m in losses because of a moronic industrial campaign that achieved absolutely nothing and was undertaken by staff who are already in the highest echelons of pay for their respective jobs in the world?. Why should such well paid employees be allowed to deliberately cause so much financial damage and have absolutely no consequences and no accountability?

Now for the oldest trick in the book, I spoke to an unnamed staff member, in an unnamed role, who has unnamed expertise in relation to this topic , who spoke to me anonymously to say that in his opinion the foreign flight crew at Jetstar appreciated their excellent work conditions compared to their alternatives employment options in their home country, valued their jobs much more highly than Australian flight crew, were better educated than Australian flight crew, worked much harder than Australian flight crew and he felt more comfortable flying his family on a Jetstar plane with foreign flight crew than a Qantas plane with lazy Australian flight crew.

Of course that last paragraph is a load of bull. Much like the article by Tracey Spicer is a load of bull.

Finally she quotes Ben Sandilands and thus loses what little credibility she had left.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.97
Change
-0.040(0.67%)
Mkt cap ! $9.744B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.04 $6.04 $5.96 $5.666M 947.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
49 196660 $5.96

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.97 86969 43
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.40pm 23/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.