QAN 0.14% $6.97 qantas airways limited

Webzone,Your post really does show that you have little or no...

1. 793 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    Webzone,

Your post really does show that you have little or no knowledge of what really happens in the aviation world.

Fact: QAN is now spending approx 450m/year more on fuel than it would have been paying if it bought 777's into the picture when it was advised to do so by the people who know best, the pilots.

FACT: Just about every other major carrier on the planet has 777's, why, because they are dollar for dollar, the best aircraft in the world.

Fact: Middle eastern airlines are paying top dollars( comparatively speaking) + free private school education for children of their skilled/expat workforce. Oh yeah, did I mention free housing as well? Pilots, Engineers and even cabin crew are being paid better wages than those at QAN.

FACT: FYI, all current QCCA cabin crew (i.e. all cabin crew who work on the A380, with the exception of some on board management such as CSM's and CSS's are on a measly $33,000 pa contract), not exactly overpaid IMO.

FACT: Pilots have not been on strike at QAN for over 40 years. Prior to the fleet grounding, no industrial action other than wearing red ties that say "Qantas flight, Qantas Pilot" and on board announcements inviting passengers to support their case by visiting a website has been taken by QAN pilots.

FACT: Both the pilots union and the Engineers union were asking for pay rises of approx 3%( inflation was last announced at 3.5% pa for the last financial year). Not over the top IMO.

FACT: Both pilot and Engineer jobs are paid more overseas with the competition than at QAN.

FACT: Under the current management, QAN investors have seen more than $100m paid in fines for illegal cartel behaviour.

FACT: Under the current management, more than $200m in costs for grounding the entire fleet of QAN have been incurred (pretty expensive way of forcing a union to have their industrial case heard by the FWA tribunal).

FACT: Under the current management, Mr Dixon (ex CEO) was paid $12m for 5 months work.(How do you justify that exorbitant salary)??

FACT: The SP has dropped from levels of around $5.00 to the current $1.68 under Mr. Joyce and investors have not seen dividend payments for around 3 years now.

FACT: QAN pilots have proven to the world that they are more than capable of handling near fatal catastrophic events such as the A380 incident ex SIN, the 747 mid air explosive decompression near the Philippines and the A330-300 incident over WA where the flight controls malfunctioned due to computer errors mid flight.

It is time for all of us to forget the articles or the personalties that write them,an argument can be written to go either way. Best to stick with the facts, some of them I have posted for all to see.

In my opinion, the performance of QAN management has a lot to answer for. You can only ride the gravy train for so long, sooner or later you need to show results or be sacked, I think current management has had plenty of opportunity to turn QAN around and show results, yet it seems to be sinking fast. They have failed to focus on the product, they have disengaged their staff and continue on a very dangerous and unproven road of setting up shop OS. Also, should any one of the major stakeholders decide to jump ship, panic may well set in and QAN shares will plummet. Sooner or later, I think one of the majors will get nervous and jump and QAN management may well have to reach for the life rafts, rescue beacons and set the sea anchor.

Surfrat.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.