RNO 0.00% 4.0¢ rhinomed limited

performance

1. 334 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 144
    I thought it may be worthwhile to start a separate thread focusing on how users of the Turbine rate its performance.

My first impression of the Turbine was that it was quite small, it smelt clean and fresh when inserted in the nose (maybe treated with some chemical), but I didn't get an impression of a significant improvement of airflow.

I actually had some difficulty in inserting it in the nose, as I expected it would all be tucked away out of sight, except for the bridge of course. However, I found the red paddles protruded somewhat, but not to the extent that they ever felt like falling out. I guess I will have to do some more experimenting with the width of the paddles.

I should provide some background on my exercise regime. I am 60 plus, small build and reasonably fit, but no great athlete. I run on a treadmill for 30 minutes, about 4 times a week. After a brief warmup, I run at 12 kmph, interspersed with "sprints" at 13 or 14 kmph for a minute every 5 minutes. I am generally pretty exhausted at the end of the 30 minutes.

I used the Turbine for the first time this morning. As I mentioned, I didn't get the feeling of any great improvement of air intake, yet I felt I was running better, lighter on my feet, and after 30 minutes felt that I could have gone further or run faster. I believe I was able to recover quicker from each sprint section which usually leaves me gasping for breath for 30 seconds or so. Also, the time seemed to go quicker, as I usually find the run a bit boring and can't wait to get to the end of the session.

So a positive first impression from me. Now this is all very subjective and it may be a case of the placebo effect, so I will need to keep experimenting and see if I can go faster and further during the 30 minute run, without feeling any negative effects.

I would be interested in hearing of the experiences of others.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RNO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.