AIM 1.45% 35.0¢ ai-media technologies limited

perkoa drilling comment

1. 585 Posts.
    Something in today's announcement in the Perkoa Mine Progress Report struck me as being a little bit odd. If anyone cares to offer any insight on this please feel free ...

On the 27th April AIM announced that 'Two drilling rigs are currently being mobilised to it's world class Perkoa zinc deposit with a view to extending the existing resource. The company expects to start drilling in the next few weeks'. Assuming usual AIM timeline splippages let's assume that the drilling only commenced end of May (5 weeks). One would have thought that they would be well into the drilling side of things by now. The interesting thing in this announcement on 27th April was that they had already identified the relevant targets that they wanted to drill in order to extend the zone.

Flash forward 2 months to today's announcement to the market around the progress at Perkoa. The statement says something about the company being in the final stages of preparing the drilling program for further exploration of the previously identified anomolies in the area and will soon be reporting on this.

Does this not seem a little bit odd? What exactly are they going to report which was not covered in the announcement to the market on the 27th?

Just seems a little bit vague here however I would like / love to believe that they have already started the drilling as per the first announcement and they have something to announce that is worthwhile? Would that not be well out of left field? Having said this, the vagueness is probably just a case of the company time line slipping significantly and MF will simply rehash the anomolies identified on 27th April in a new and improved plan of the drilling plan etc.

Any thoughts are welcome. Just remember reading this section of todays announcement and thinking that it was a bit strange. Still think this stock is going to be something special and hold with confidence (if not at times moderate bemusement).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AIM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
35.0¢
Change
0.005(1.45%)
Mkt cap ! $73.08M
Open High Low Value Volume
35.0¢ 35.0¢ 34.5¢ $86.94K 249.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 4034 34.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
35.0¢ 96963 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AIM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.