AIM 2.50% 39.0¢ ai-media technologies limited

perkoa drilling comment, page-23

1. 13,575 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 567
    Nicely cloak and dagger isnt it Sinbin;-)

But then when one has two of the worlds biggest fund managers on board your stock and they continue to back you to the hilt then one has to expect a little of this:-)

Like Ive said in previous posts its all about the various levels of the market seeing value in the company further up the investment chain.Its the controversial, but nevertheless by necessity,characteristic of our investment world,that information will be withheld until these levels of investor have taken their position,that the information will be released to market.

I too used to think that this was a massive violation of our rights as holders of a stock as I did when Anvil was being manipulated and their was no information flow.

Your current reaction is the same as mine was when I sold Anvil,BUT YOU HAVE STILL HELD Aim.

Your statement

"All we know is high grade, work being done and adverts for employees (tks to HC ), plus some encouraging results from Mumbwa."

is your reason given as to why you hold.Its obviously ENOUGH to KEEP you holding!!!

We all apportion various levels of importance to our reasons for holding,some apportion higher levels of importance to factors you havnt mentioned such as

*substantial holder %'s

*the unknown(?) reason behind NS and JPM taking their substantial positions

*the current mining boom and its likely continued support to Zn demand over the next few years(at the very least)

*shorter length of payback

*the use of experienced contractors at Perkoa

*the new members of the board

*MD director option conversions/holdings(no selling into market recently bar for options conversion)

*current cash backing allowing forward exploration of Perkoa/Mumbwa to take place

*Exploitation license received and therefore project ownership/mining rights to the tenament

*Obvious goodwill between the Burkina authorities and Aim management

Shall I go on?

These are all other factors that I(and no doubt others) put some level of FAITH in thier reasoning to maintain our investment in this company.

I openly disclosed my selling of 1/3rd of my holding a few months back on the basis that it looked as though Aim was slipping well behind the expected timetable.But then I saw reasons that it looked as though they were starting to make an effort to get this timetable back on track.Reasons such as

*management changes

*continued significant holder support

*continued on-ground works with a genuine effort at pushing this part of project development as it was something that could be done independant of the major stage II project developments of plant/mine infrastructure installation

I suppose what I am saying is that I see such an investment as something thats in a constant state of flux.Its harder for some others as their holdings make it hard to justify such moves.But I am lucky in this regard in that my postion was taken when the stock was 6c(note I currently only hold options).

Some call me crazy for being leveraged into one stock so heavily.I tell myself this at times too.But then I think of the possible upside to this stock and as to why I took my holding in the first place AND THOSE BASICs HAVE NOT CHANGED,baar that one instnace when I thought the timeline was slipping dramatically.

But hell,Im earbashing you now,and you will need rose sounding muffs as well as glasses.Now that would be a good look.

Im not going to give you the standard HC retort to dissagreeing holders,"if your not happy-sell".This is not what its about.Its about being happy WITH YOUR INVESTMENT.Sure there will be negatives(and its your right to express those negatives just as its my right to reply to your expression of those negatives)but until those negatives give you an obvious sell indicator then you will probably continue to hold;-)

d.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AIM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
39.0¢
Change
-0.010(2.50%)
Mkt cap ! $81.43M
Open High Low Value Volume
41.0¢ 41.0¢ 39.0¢ $9.493K 23.94K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 15865 39.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
40.0¢ 21345 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.37pm 17/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AIM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.