88E 0.00% 0.3¢ 88 energy limited

Hi Dom I have been sitting here for hours trying to work out why...

1. 122 Posts.
    Hi Dom
    I have been sitting here for hours trying to work out why we have the Kuparuk below our HRZ, above the GB acreage i.e, Kuparuk River, but it seems GB themselves havn't been so lucky (at least as far as I know)'
    Now, I've also had to bear in mind the HRZ was deeper than first thought and it must not be forgotten that history shows there have been volcanic activity to both E and W of where we are, if not, slightly North, but not as far North as the, for example, the Prudoe Bay area.
    So, may I ask a question.
    Would it make sense if initially the GB acreage was raised high enough in beginning to be the equivalent of an island, big I grant you, but an island never-the-less allowing the sea to 'flow' around it so that the sedimentation of crustacean debris would be greater where the sea actually flowed?
    Over time, we then have volcanic ash being deposited over the whole area to a point where the sea no longer reached previous areas.
    As the name North Slope implies, the land rises the further South you go, so logically, as oil generally migrates upwards, as the land mass has been forced to sink as the overburden becomes deeper both due to volcanic action and soil sedimentation found in rain, the makings of oil in turn became deeper which results in greater pressure and heat is generated as a consequence.
    Now throw a couple of tectonic plate movements and where there was once a single layer of oil, the introduction of various folds would result in 'conventional' oil traps, some old and some new relative to the time span we are talking of.
    Also, the volcanic ash would be of a different makeup, which would account for the differing permeability and porosity of the various levels.
    The last part of the question is do you believe that some of the older Kuparuk oil could have seeped up into the HRZ with the effect of slowing down the maturation and at the same time, remained more of a condensate which has now been found?
    Just turning over the gray matter.
    Cheers...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 88E (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $86.67M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.3¢ 0.3¢ 0.2¢ $21.96K 8.034M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
273 374806090 0.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.3¢ 619525200 227
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
88E (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.