permian extinction, page-94

1. 1,383 Posts.
    re: permian extinction - snooker I normally never argue about religion as everyone has a right to whatever gets them through the night. But science and race are different matters.

Racism has got nothing to do with evolution. It is well known that the black "race" is the latest and therefore the most superior according to evolutionary thinking. In fact racism as we understand it comes straight out of the Bible which was used to support slavery for centuries.

It is also endemic in virtually every culture throughout the world. In Bangkok they told me the people from South Thailand were "dark, not like us, and had naturally violent natures". In Kenya the Kikuyus told me the Luos from Lake Victoria were "very dark, ate fish and they slept with their brothers' widows". And so on.

With regard to Creation, personally I cannot comprehend how any intelligent person could choose to ignore the vast array of evidence in front of them and believe a preposterous story that the world was created in seven days (actual, calendar days according to creationist zealots, when there was no calendar). This is exactly the kind of story that primitive people tell each other round the fireside the world over. We have moved on and now require evidence.

Sure there are lots of holes in evolutionary theory and it is right to point them out. Darwinism itself is a partial theory which has been used in many irrelevant places such as economics to justify bad behaviour. But that is no reason to accept a tribal myth for which there is not the slightest evidence and which is contradicted on every front by the universe itself. I am amazed that any intelligent person would do so.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.