Probably suffering PTSD. Maybe the "kill, kill, kill, blood...

1. 10,846 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 27
    Probably suffering PTSD. Maybe the "kill, kill, kill, blood makes the grass grow, kill,kill,kill" brainwashing wore off.

People support war but they don't want to take any responsibility for the devastating impact on both sides.

A yellow bird
    With a yellow bill
    Was perched upon
    My windowsill
    I lured him in
    With a piece of bread
    And then I smashed
    His f0ck1ng head
    —Traditional U.S. Army Marching Cadence

“The war tried to kill us in the spring. And the summer. It tried to kill us every day. It didn’t explain itself. It didn’t tell us why it brought us there or what it wanted. It just took. It killed some of us before we knew we were dead. Pretty soon it was hard to tell who was alive and who was just a ghost.”

“Or should I have said that I wanted to die, not in the sense of wanting to throw myself off of that train bridge over there, but more like wanting to be asleep forever because there isn’t any making up for killing women or even watching women get killed, or for that matter killing men and shooting them in the back and shooting them more times than necessary to actually kill them and it was like just trying to kill everything you saw sometimes because it felt like there was acid seeping down into your soul and then your soul is gone and knowing from being taught your whole life that there is no making up for what you are doing …”

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.