BKY 2.86% 34.0¢ berkeley energia limited

Permitting, page-4

1. JID
    3,676 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 836
    Hi Herlat,

I too have been told that by Paul when I made contact.

I initially took a similar position to your post, especially so given that the Omani Sovereign Wealth Fund invested so much money into BKY. Sprott is just one Shop after all.

Over the subsequent months my view slowly changed as the Spanish political system moved to the left and the permitting process and news flow became more oblique and delays crept in, worded vaguely in BKY Reports.

I think that a truism from IKN's "Otto" is worth considering:

Mining companies will ALWAYS paint a picture in its most positive light. So if you see anything negative, you know that the situation is much, much worse.

One of the major issues, as I understand it, and as it especially applies to Zona 7 given its proximity to the village, is that mining can create dust, including radioactive Alpha Particles. These are relatively safe if they land on your skin but if you breathe them in, they can radiate you from the inside-out.

I would think that no amount of "employment opportunities" would convince a risk averse Local Authority to approve this mine if their Grandpa lived in the village concerned or an entire village could become sick and the blowback landed on your desk/ career.

Anyway ... I could be way wrong here. But, on a relative basis, I think that PDN (for example) presents a much better risk-reward set up now that they have emerged from insolvency with a much more sustainable balance sheet ... but each to their own and in a bull market BKY will fly too.

Cheers
    John

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BKY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
34.0¢
Change
-0.010(2.86%)
Mkt cap ! $151.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
34.0¢ 34.0¢ 33.5¢ $5.959K 17.54K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 100000 33.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
37.0¢ 113691 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.16pm 10/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BKY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.