A2M 0.58% $6.91 the a2 milk company limited

Personal A2M AGM Observations

1. 292 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 115
    Having watched and listened to the last A2M AGM a few days ago, I would like to make a few personal comments. As a disclosure, I have a significant holding of A2M shares:

1. Whilst the event proceeded without technical glitches and this with participants joining from distant corners of the globe, it lacked dynamism and vibrance. If I were unaware of this company, this presentation would not have inspired me to purchase A2M shares.
    2. The UK based A2M chair made some remarks that did not sit easy with me, the first being that A2M enjoys an 'originator/disrupter' advantage, similar to that of the UK based DYSON vaccum device manufacturer. For anyone remembering the Finnish mobile phone manufacturer NOKIA, I wish that the A2M board reflects on their eventual demise. DYSON is now also challenged by MIELE, who has started manufacturing superior cordless devices.
    3. Mr. Hearn then answered an investor question on why A2M infant formula is often not available on some supermarket shelves. He stated that it is with intent to keep supplies relatively low, to make the product more exclusive. This strategy might work with luxury handbags, watches and automobiles, but it is a dangerous approach when it comes to essential infant food supplies. Consumers have a choice and they might just switch their brand loyalty, especially if and when they discover certain questionable business strategies.
    4. Mr. Hearn than stated that the best replacement for the departing non-executive director, Mr. Wu would be his brother. A strange comment, if you ask me.
    5. Mr. Hearn then responded to an investor question on why he had sold a significant amount of A2M shares prior to the announcement of an important business update. The money was apparently required to settle an urgent UK tax bill. Ms. Hrdlicka, the previous A2M CEO, stated similar reasons before she parted from the company to take up her reigns with Virgin Australia after less than 18 months in her role with A2 Milk. So, nothing has changed in that regard (sadly). I sincerely hope that with the commencement of a newly appointed A2M CEO, a fresh wind will sweep into the offices of A2 Milk and this also for the benefit of all holders of this company, including the readers of this post.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add A2M (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.91
Change
0.040(0.58%)
Mkt cap ! $4.995B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.87 $6.94 $6.82 $13.46M 1.954M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 8562 $6.87

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.92 3312 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
A2M (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.