personal thoughts on the rally, page-8

1. 9,445 Posts.
    It has been several days since the explanation of Raks'predicament was posted. That explanatory post has blended in with the hundreds of posts within the threads on this subject.
    Given that the last few posts seem to align Raks' problems with "market punting" or "GFC" it seems necessary to repost the explanation.

For those who haven't caught what is going on.
    Madmacs started a thread "Rally for Raks" explaining that Raks is in a big spot of bother. I am trying to help co-ordinate some relief.
    This , in a nutshell is the story:

Raks has two sons that were seriously injured in a motor vehicle accident MANY years ago. They undergo constant, never ending rehab and emotional distress. As a mum , Raks spends enormous amounts of time and emotional energy on caring for the sons as best she can.

As many of you know, she lost a lot of money on CVI, and tried to help herself and others get some justice and financial returns by putting herself up as a CVI director when she forced an extraordinary general meeting of the company. This was not successful.

Now, many of us lose money on stocks and Raks made no issue about it. She struggled on and tried to get herself out of the mess. Her husband established a business doing video wedding and corporate video promotional work. The business has now ceased operation. Her husband damaged his shoulder and back in an accident and cannot work. He is currently on disability. They still have a mortgage and payment is in jeopardy.

Raks has had to leave being a mod and is trying to scrape any part time work she can. Declaring bankruptcy has been propositioned to her and, to her credit she refuses to do so.
    One of our favorite HC people needs help. Please do what you can. If you are able to provide some financial help, you can contact me (123enen) on email

[email protected]

I can give you the deposit or cheque posting details.
    She is not happy about this and is somewhat embarrassed, but sometime down the track, with your help she will be OK.

2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.