ACX 0.00% $7.79 aconex limited

In times of volatility, perspective is an important commodity....

1. 3,921 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 761
    In times of volatility, perspective is an important commodity.

Take a share like Amazon, for example- since it's listing in 1997, it has soared from US$3.19, to $746. That's somewhere around 47,000%. That's a pretty good return. However, along the way it had pullbacks of 57%, 94% (tech wreck), 56% and 60%.

One guy, David Gardner, who amazingly held through all of that, put it this way:

"It's mostly looking at the business, not the stock. ... I think a lot of the world doesn't think about things that way. Every time I watch financial television ... I'm reminded again of how people are thinking too much about stocks; wigs, wags, and short-term moves, and they're not really looking at the business. While Amazon's stock dramatically declined over that period, the business did not nearly ."

http://www.********/investing/2016/06/26/amazon-stocks-history-the-importance-of-patience.aspx

So the thing to ask is, have the fundamentals for ACX improved or worsened recently?  Demonstrably, they have improved. So what has been driving the sp recently? Clearly, a concerted short attack, combined with what really amounts to sp manipulation (short & distort). That will obviously pass.
    Last edited by jhunt: 02/12/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ACX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.