AG1945 you are much better off looking to buy in areas which are...

1. 735 Posts.
    AG1945 you are much better off looking to buy in areas which are in a transformation mode. Bullcreek is quite a tired old suburb with low zoning so there isn't alot of options of subdivision which is the real headline grabber.

I have just bought a property to redevelop in Karrinyup, it is in a great street but it's the worse house. The location is fantastic as it is close to the beach, city, quality schools and major shopping areas. Karrinyup, doubleview, scarborough are all going through major changes where you are seeing old homes on big blocks being knocked over and two or three designer homes getting built on the one block.

You would be better off looking for properties which have subdivision potential which have higher zoning than ones which have low zoning. Higher zoning in Perth is inevitable if the government is serious about higher density living. I know around the stirling area they are proposing to increase the population by about 15k and that will change the dynamics for that area.

W.A. and Perth are experiencing a massive increase in migrants and they all have to live somewhere. For example BHP's building in the city will have many new workers from the eastcoast and if they are mostly professionals they would I assume to be buying properties in the mid to high end of the market and that could only be described as positive. That is only one specific example and I'm sure there is many many new projects drawing people to Perth.

Good luck in your search.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.