perth investors

1. 10,880 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1949
    Aside from the heated question of the current and future market fluctuations, I point to the up and coming lithium boom in WA. I don't, and never have, operated in the RE sector of the west coast, but I'm familiar with the mining dynamic that has a great influence on the Perth property prices, which, as we know, is depressed due to the end of the general mining development phase. That said, aspiring property investors and home owners in Perth 'may' be the recipients of the new mining boom taking place in the lithium space. Some here may be aware of the disruptive technology of electric vehicles and lithium battery storage that is sweeping the world, but it is worth pointing out that WA holds the largest resource of the integral metal, which is lithium. Currently, we are shipping the raw product to China and Europe, but there are big moves afoot to value add lithium, both to refine the lithium and produce the end product of batteries. There is serious talk about the development of a Lithium Valley type complex in Perth, with the backing of the WA government, Elon Musk, the big lithium miners and Chinese entities. A complex said to rival the expanse of Silicon Valley in California.
    If such a development were to take place (and I believe it will) it holds the potential of 50 Billion dollars in investment and 100,000 jobs for the region. This in turn has the potential to revive the beleaguered Perth property market in the coming years - notwithstanding the knowns and unknowns of current economics.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.