granthamana Post #: 74504 I have been keeping an eye on thus new...

1. 2,009 Posts.
    granthamana
    Post #: 74504

I have been keeping an eye on thus new Golden Bay development down Rocko way which has about 20 government subsidised housing flats in there, its been over 12 months now since they were completed and they have only sold about a third, even with a 20-30% discount with the state picking up the rest. Even the lure of a new Karnup train station 5 minutes away hasnt brought the punters in, this to me is a real on the ground indicator that either... The people dont want the government owning 30% of their house and the policy isnt attractive. Or since this is essentially the cheapest form of home ownership in WA and with so many in the main stream media telling us that people are desperate to get onto the housing ladder surely that should translate into these cheapies being snapped up... But they sit as empty 250-280k house and land packages empty only 5 minutes from a new train station with not a punter in sight??
    ================================================================

I have held back responding to this post until I found out the facts from my neighbour who is the project manager for Summit Homes in that Golden Bay development and he tells a totally different story to you granthamana.
    Almost all are being sold as soon as listed and Summit are stuggling to get enough land there and in Byford because they could sell so many more if the land was available.

You are wrong and should retract that post claiming they are not selling.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.