Just read your comments goodie and can agree completely. The...

1. 54,318 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 302
    Just read your comments goodie and can agree completely.

The market is still depressed and with banks being more cautious across the board thanks to excessive price rises in Sydney and Melbourne, I cannot see any appreciation in values over the next year at least in WA.

Good buying opportunities will prevail throughout 2018 for the long term.

I am aware of many older apartments in particular even in South Perth and Como which are selling below pp 10 years ago.
    One in Mill Point Road, a 2 bed, one bath renovated apartment in a block of 8 sold after a long time for $275,000. It was purchased 10 years ago for $385,000. There are many examples such as this.

Another block of older apartments in SP that were purchased for $1,550,000 11 years ago plus reno cost etc say $1,750,000 all up cannot attract an offer of $1.4m. As I said there are many examples of a very depressed market.
    IMO, this is the worst recession WA has seen in many decades.

For further recessionary evidence, I counted 20 shop vacancies between Colin St and Thomas Road in West Perth (Subway and Croissant Express even closed down). The 3 story West Centre in WP is completely vacant. A number of office businesses have relocated into the CBD in view of the vast oversupply there where owners are offering huge incentives such as 5 years rent free, fit out, relocation costs etc.

Times are tough. They will improve naturally in time but it's a guessing game as to over what period.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.