Where are the best bargains in Perth at the moment then, I dont...

1. 6,066 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 882
    Where are the best bargains in Perth at the moment then, I dont see many?

I read today that tradesmen are more confident that things are taking a turn for the better in Perth.
    I have been reading similar stories for the past 3 years and laughed at each one.
    The market hasn't been hit too bad but it has had a bit of a correction 0-20%.
    Still not cheap enough IMO considering that there is a race to the bottom in regards to wages for workers.
    If you dont have wage growth, job confidence and job security house prices will not rise I dont care what Reiwa, Corelogic etc say.

Construction/mining industry being a big one where wages have been hammered due to the sellout Turnbull government.
    Casual work is the order of the day now through labour hire companies and usually offered at flat rates for FIFO workers.
    Terrible conditions. You can complain that they get what they deserve etc but thats nonsense and everyone is being affected by this because it is the biggest driver of the economy in WA. This was a big driver of property prices because many of these folk would have owned a home and had one or more investments bought over the period of 2005-2015. Construction workers in the city of Perth are being paid less today than when I was working in the sector in 2007. FIFO workers similar and that is combined with much much less job opportunities.

The inner suburbs are a shell of what it used to be before 2015.
    Northbridge is dead and shops closing doors, Subi, Leederville the same with M Lawley still doing ok.
    Nobody is going out spending money because they dont have the money to spend anymore.
    This will continue under a Turnbull government, he doesnt give two hoots about WA or ordinary workers rates and conditions.
    Last edited by El Jefe: 16/03/18

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.