Spot on. When there is no wage growth there certainly won’t be...

1. 6,066 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 882
    Spot on.
    When there is no wage growth there certainly won’t be any growth in property prices or the local economy.
    When there is no wage growth there is less and less people looking to move to WA.
    Population growth is essential in a growing economy. More jobs, more people to fill those jobs.
    Just ask Japan.

Anyway People might be jealous or angry in years gone with some FIFO workers who had a V8 in front of there brand new house which had a double garage, one side had a jetski and one side had a dirt bike and there was plenty of room in the big garden out the back for the boat and 4x4 to tow it where needed.

Now take a step back, these guys/gals drive down tothe servo and spend money in the V8. They buy coffees and beers in the local shops and pubs. They do shopping and eating at local restaurants. By bait and fishing rods and tyres for the Ute and helmets for the bike and jackets etc etc etc etc it’s endless. They were making everybody’s lives better in the area (usually) by bringing those wages back to Perth. The money flows down to non fifo workers who had set up businesses servicing these people. Of course there are plenty of city workers too but I’m just making a point that these high paying jobs are no longer there now due to the government handing over the keys to the big corporations. The rich, as in the proper rich people are getting richer but everyone else is losing out under Turnbulls regime.

Getting a bit off topic but just trying to show that having all the money skewed to the top will not Be beneficial for a growing property market. This will continue under Turnbull. It might be fine for certain suburbs like Dalkeith etc but not for you and I in Subiaco, Victoria Park, Maylands, Joondalup, Rockingham, Osbourne Parks etc.

If anybody is interested in trying to make a change I’d urge you to look at the advocacy group Getup.
    I’m sure you have all heard of it but Turnbull is looking to pass a law in the next few weeks where you will need a statutory declaration to donate more than $4.80 to certain advocacy groups. Basically they are trying to silence any opposition to any policies they want to tic impose. I’d urge everyone to think long and hard about what are happening under the Turnbull regime, most stuff most people have no idea is happening

https://www.getup.org.au/campaigns/democracy/it-s-a-killer-blow-to-people-power/it-s-a-killer-blow

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.