I have one in Perth: Rockingham.I got a 10% rent increase to...

1. 1,750 Posts.
    I have one in Perth: Rockingham.
    I got a 10% rent increase to $330 in April. I wouldnt even think about jacking it up further as I have good tennents and thats Gold in my book. I'm also fixing up bore pump/ retic and have spent to keep em happy and stay on top of maint.
    I'm in resources(Pilbara) and I believe its going to come off big time. Nothing too smelly in the wind just yet but Rio are going to back away from the BIG TALK of the last 6 months. Browse gas field aint going anywhere at the moment and I dont think any other I.O Magnetite hopefulls will get up.
    Don Volte (Woodside boss)is bolting around telling staff that oils going to $50 and theyr'e not hiring for 2 quarters. Those guys were Perma-Bulls 2 months ago. It will be interesting to see where Chevron go with Gorgon -1 or 2 trains. The Impex loss to Darwin is looking even more disasterous in light of a possible downturn. Look Perth is still going to deliver better returns than anywhere else. The Resources job was restrained by capacity anyway. Calls for thousands of 457 visa workers will now fall on deaf ears.

In short there will be weakness going forward in my opinion but there are a lot of variables. Im a LT Hold kind of property guy, looking to accumulate on weakness. I could have brought a couple more earlier this year but am holding off. So far I think this course of action has been justified. On the Macro scene we just need to see whats going to happen over the next 6 months. Im not half pregnant nor am I an Industry spokesperson so I can make a call. My call is its going to drop before it gets up and goes again. I'm not going to make a further $800k in bets untill the dust settles.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.