TOE 0.00% 36.5¢ toro energy limited

Perthnow Article - Perth’s Toro Energy boss Vanessa Guthrie takes pay cut, page-5

1. 2,055 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    The other part of the equation is summarised in the below article, which describes delay to mining[...not quite sure how it can be WA's first uranium mine, when mining hasn't started, and wont until uranium gets to a certain price, and the mine gets funded, and some other details....Kintyre is coming along as well, so could be interesting race...sometime]...do your own research on this of course.

WA’s first uranium mine likely to be delayed as Toro Energy puts Wiluna on hold

October 1, 2015 9:13am

WESTERN Australia’s first new uranium mine is likely to be delayed due to the ongoing downturn in demand and prices.

Toro Energy has put its Wiluna uranium project on hold as it waits for market conditions to improve. The company began drilling at the project in 2014 and had expected to start operations in 2017.
    “We will get to build Wiluna when we get the price that makes Wiluna economic. We are not seeing that price today,” managing director Vanessa Guthrie told AAP.
    Wiluna, 960 kilometres northeast of Perth, is the first new uranium mine in WA to receive federal government approval since the lifting of a ban on uranium mining in 2008.
    The project will require prices between $60 and $70 a pound to make money, Dr Guthrie said.
    Long term uranium prices currently hover around $45 per pound, almost half the levels of five years ago. Prices are expected to dip further because of large stockpiles.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TOE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
36.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $43.90M
Open High Low Value Volume
38.0¢ 38.0¢ 34.0¢ $62.11K 174.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 47030 33.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
36.5¢ 12447 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TOE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.