ARL 4.00% 52.0¢ ardea resources limited

There was a time about a year ago, before cobalt fell off the...

1. 331 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 64
    There was a time about a year ago, before cobalt fell off the cliff, when projected revenue from cobalt was just about equal to projected revenue from nickel.  Something in the area of 8:1 ratio of nickel to cobalt in the ore, but 1:8 nickel to cobalt price.  A case can be made that it is cobalt pricing that will make or break this project, but the reality is it is the combination of the two that matters, not one or the other.  $4 nickel and $35 cobalt probably won't work, $7.50 nickel and $12 cobalt probably won't work, but $7.50 nickel and $35 cobalt will work real fine, or $9 nickel and $27 cobalt, or $6 nickel and $60 cobalt, these numbers I just pulled out of my butt, but you get the drift.  Calling it a nickel mine with a cobalt credit is somewhat arbitrary.  They are designing to produce nickel and cobalt sulphate, as part of the same process to sell in tandem to the same customer. 

When I was a kid I bought a stick of chewing gum for a nickel, that came with 5 baseball cards as the secondary.  Price the present day value of that stick of gum against the value of those cards.  Cobalt was $60 10 years ago, and that was long before any semblance of an energy revolution like we are going to see the next 20 years.  The way I see it, the future prices of both nickel and cobalt could both go a lot higher than most people are thinking now.  
    Last edited by ebner: 26/02/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ARL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
52.0¢
Change
0.020(4.00%)
Mkt cap ! $103.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
50.0¢ 52.0¢ 48.5¢ $75.72K 150.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5000 46.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
52.0¢ 37329 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ARL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.