ARL 3.30% 47.0¢ ardea resources limited

Pertinent market/industry news/articles, page-16

1. 4,820 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 916
    Why a top 20 holder holds & will not let go*

From my experience that attitude & perception is spot on, beginning in the Dotcom bubble & the hijinx of players like Rene Rivkin, institutional holders would have exercised their own options without having to sell any of their existing shares to do so.

Most of us retail holders have to sell some shares to raise the capital to buy those options & yes, we as a group held a lot more shares than we do today.

To any who wonder at my enthusiasm, which seems to grow when we have price falls, it’s borne of my lifelong love for history. Societal/national struggles in pursuit denial/acquisition is an age old story, from Pharoah wanting to secure lapis lazuli deposits, to minerals used in coinage, weaponry & even jewellery, the drumbeat has been steady & only ever growing.

I’m human, my emotional side yells ‘abandon ship!’ when there are significant price falls & I class that as a fear. Not saying that is a negative thing, it’s a necessary survival instinct which we all have- but then my head takes over & points out ‘hey-we’ve never taken a backward step as a species & our ever expanding population leaves only one underlying truth- the truth that consumption & consequently commodity prices only go one way & that way is up’.

Up everyday? Of course not- but up over the course of time? Yes.

Then to focus in more on energy related minerals- we have 100+ years of oil history to show us where prices go, again the only way is up.

Lastly is my personal expiration date- whatever I or others may wish I’ll only be here for another 60 odd years & only have another couple decades where I can really aggressively enjoy life & prepare to be happy & comfy for the few decades after that where my age will preclude such an aggressive positivity.

http://www.forecast-chart.com/graph-crude-oil.html

Am I saying cobalt & nickel are the new oil? Not by any means- what I’m saying is that they are sufficiently similar for my investment purposes, especially with cobalt now an openly declared strategic target.

That’s the nickel/cobalt story for me. For us as 1 or the 3 that seem tied together all I can say is that we are the only 1 left which hasn’t sold its future in the slightest & we are the biggest of the 3 when it comes to the minerals I’m interested in.

The sooner the up & down with the share price retail holders are bought out by the institutions or people like me the better & any shaky holder who persists in staying doesn’t have their equally shaky buddies to thank for the underlying desirability of this stock- it’s the stubborn so & so’s like me who hold significant chunks & won’t let go when the price goes down- they have the disagreeably positive holders to thank.

I hold because I believe in the deposit & management but I can say that I’ve held with a lighter heart at times thanks to the similarly positive people. ( of course over 50% of world cobalt sitting in a nation which could easily find itself at the middle of the resource game played by the major powers & their allies is just icing on the cake- neither side of the geopolitical table will let the DRC sit in the middle of the table for much longer ).

Price is down? I get outside to do some gardening or like today, put on some clean clothes & hit the pub for a couple before going to some lunch.... after I pee some people off with my positivity regarding ARL- The premier deposit of nickel & cobalt outside the DRC which also holds plenty of other goodies- PGM, ( platinum group metals? ), gold, zinc, scandium & others to boot.

Cheers to the other positive holders & hey- come have a laugh to those who don’t share that view, your view is welcome but don’t be disheartened that it’s not nurtured by people like me- you’re you & I’m me*

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ARL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
47.0¢
Change
0.015(3.30%)
Mkt cap ! $93.85M
Open High Low Value Volume
47.8¢ 49.5¢ 46.5¢ $9.9K 20.66K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 8923 47.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
49.0¢ 1250 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ARL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.