ARL 1.09% 45.5¢ ardea resources limited

The news flow just doesn’t stop- here’s a little one that...

1. 4,824 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 923
    The news flow just doesn’t stop- here’s a little one that someone who was saying a couple years ago they’ll know EV’s have made it once he saw tradesmen driving electric utes ( pick up truck for non Aussie friends ), & it looks like Tesla & others have has cottoned on but of course it is Tesla that will really get Ford etc thinking:

https://insideevs.com/news/359682/pickup-truck-tesla-rivian-r1t-electric/

The Tesla Ute will be priced under US$50,000, according to Elon Musk. In the article above we see that some Canadians laugh at the idea but heads up world- not many people live in the ultra cold ( literally freezing ), parts of the world so really, who cares what a small minority of drivers say?

Besides that, with the cost of batteries coming down all the time & the cost of renewable power generation now less than 2cents ( I’ve seen numbers as low as 0.65cents & don’t wow me why we still say cents like that, we just do ), I can see a day in the very near future where battery packs will be kept warm for most cold weather applications.

Ultra cold conditions? Again- not the kind of car sales that will make or break a company.

I imagine the real goal for most US automakers will of course be the SUV, which in most cases will be built on a chassis that also covers the Ute. Therefore I expect to see ESUV ( Electric SUV, a term that may not be getting used yet so who knows- you might have just read it for the first time here ), very soon. The main reason? The SUV is the only truly money making vehicle range for the US majors like Ford.

Once those large makers see their cash cow ( profitable SUV sales ), threatened they should react a lot faster than they have so far.

For the long term posters- don’t worry, I’m not quite at the stage of posting a music vid again yet but I can feel the tempo rising.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ARL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
45.5¢
Change
-0.005(1.09%)
Mkt cap ! $90.85M
Open High Low Value Volume
46.0¢ 46.0¢ 45.5¢ $54.70K 119.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 65989 45.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
47.0¢ 22000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.46pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ARL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.