ARL 4.38% 65.5¢ ardea resources limited

I'm really sorry you've lost lots of money betting on batteries...

1. 1,001 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 147

I'm really sorry you've lost lots of money betting on batteries too early (many of us have), but yes, I did read your post, and I stick to my point. If the US doesn't vastly lift investment in the battery supply chain (government perhaps, industry certainly), it will be left in the dust. Thus, I think they will - because there are too many smart people in the US, who are very good at making money (sadly, this is ultimately what it takes).

I don't think that report was political spin. It was a report by gov advisors, not a political promise. Suggesting buying mines overseas is perhaps an unlikely way to win votes...

And it's not already happening - See below. Yes, slowly, but then we've had ignoramuses running the show for a while, so...

Besides, this is often how new ideas develop, slowly at first, then faster, then it's an avalanche.

The U.S. government in April became the largest shareholder in mining investment firm TechMet, which controls a Brazilian nickel project, a Rwandan tungsten mine and is a major investor in a Canadian battery recycler. Washington also funds research into Canadian cobalt projects and rare earths projects in Malawi, among other international investments.The State Department's Energy Resource Governance Initiative (ERGI) is one of the main programs Washington plans to use to help allies discover and develop lithium, cobalt and other EV metals.

https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/biden-looks-abroad-electric-vehicle-metals-blow-us-miners-2021-05-25/

I'm not going to debate this anymore. I think the report is highly relevant. But each to their own. Let's see what happens.

Happy weekend,

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ARL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
65.5¢
Change
-0.030(4.38%)
Mkt cap ! $130.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
70.0¢ 72.0¢ 65.5¢ $225.9K 329.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 400 66.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
68.0¢ 9600 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 02/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
67.0¢
  Change
-0.030 ( 3.24 %)
Open High Low Volume
69.5¢ 71.5¢ 66.0¢ 46212
Last updated 15.54pm 02/05/2024 ?
ARL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.