ARL 1.05% 48.0¢ ardea resources limited

Pertinent market/industry news/articles, page-4944

1. 2,249 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 542
    I have and there's a lot to unpack in there. Some is directly bullish to ARL for obvious reasons considering how such a scenario would force commodities or any hard asset to act. Any kind of stock in fact with tangible assets would benefit from capital inflows. I trust you know what I hint at here (not advice)

As for the CBDC itself, it's a very complex topic worthy of a much bigger discussion. I think there are multiple issues to address with such a thing and it's unfortunate that like so much in today's society it's so polarized one cannot have a discussion without extremes being taken on either side. It's either evil, or pure good. I'll attempt to be balanced with my opinion and stick to facts alone, without politics or emotion.

The first fact which makes people very uncomfortable is that a CBDC (or new fiat currency) is needed. Why is this? Because the current fiat system is dying and completely unsustainable and some form of reset will occur. Either willingly, or it will escape control of those in charge and end in chaos. People often think this is a good thing, but to those who have studied history the danger can be clearly seen with what happens when a fiat currency ends. Something must replace it.

Secondly, this can't be the gold standard because while something tangible does back the currency, it limits the economy and if you study America pre 1913 you can see the issues this causes. There are pros and cons of course, but modern lifestyles cannot be maintained in such a scenario. I always see people only discussing the pros, never the cons.

However, backing a currency with nothing is also pure garbage that leads to it's eventual devaluation, which is why a basket of commodities is being suggested in the BRICS discussions currently.

I try not to automatically assume the people implementing this are evil, as others have claimed. I don't believe this to be true. They are perhaps misguided and surrounded by yes men who do not point out many glaring issues that need to be overcome to make such a system viable. I'm not in the room where it's being planned so it would be unfair to judge without truly understanding every facet of the conversation.
    As with any system being worked on by humans, it will have pros and cons. We are flawed creatures and this reflects in our works.

Figuring out what must replace the dying fiat system is a difficult task and unfortunately not a problem that can be ignored, but I sincerely hope that whatever solution arises is an intelligent and ethical one. I don't think replacing cash with a CBDC is a good idea for any parties involved, as it opens the door to serious chaos when things outside our control happen. Just look at the recent bushfires and what happened with digital payments going down as a small example. There are lots of issues that need to be worked out in order to implement it. Public trust is key and this can be gained by doing a good job on the development and putting appropriate safeguards in place to prevent bad actors.

It's a very long topic to discuss and I don't know if I can give it the justice it deserves while keeping it related to ARL. So I'll finish by saying that CBDC's would be very bullish for stocks such as ARL, purely because things like negative interest rates would create a big push into investments.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ARL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
48.0¢
Change
0.005(1.05%)
Mkt cap ! $96.84M
Open High Low Value Volume
48.0¢ 51.0¢ 48.0¢ $17.47K 35.62K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 4620 48.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
49.0¢ 67 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.44pm 03/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ARL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.