ARL 2.33% 44.0¢ ardea resources limited

Pertinent market/industry news/articles, page-670

1. 4,825 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 925
    An agreement with no immediate commitment is not an offtake- that is why the market wasn’t really impressed by the SKI deal, at least not from AUZ’s side of the table. Put yourself in SKI’s shoes. They got some reassurance for their own shareholders regarding cobalt for the cost of ? I’m guessing for the ‘cost’ of a few of their execs enjoying a paid holiday in Australia.

What AUZ ultimately got was a bunch of ‘if you can do this, we will do this’.

There’s always two sides to anything two parties engage in*

As the easily extracted sulphides run out, ( known deposits- of course for argument’s sake Panasonic etc could have a factory built on a deposit yet to be discovered but so far there is nothing much around ), prices well north of US$40,000 will become a new normal.

It now looks like we are now ‘competing’ with a company, or at least group of investors, who think that a market for scandium will appear just because they demand it to & another with a horrible frame of mind regarding the pursuit of financing as I really believe that it’s going to be very hard for the SKI deal to go through in its current form. After working with Koreans directly for a while my bet is that they will want a better deal just based on market cap. $80 million for 20% of a company, ( 19.9%? but let’s not split hairs ), when that company is worth less than $200 million? Paying $80 million for something that’s not worth half or less than half of that price?

Me no think so.

We see comments like ‘it’s nothing for a company as big as SKI, they’ll pay! They’re desperate for cobalt!’ If they were desperate the agreement would have been binding & they haven’t become as large a group as they are by overpaying for things, I can guarantee that, even though my Hangul is still quite poor. Whoever is leading their holders to even entertain such ideas is a very napun nom? napun nan? I forget which. (Naughty boy/girl ).
    Last edited by ClockworkSmurf: 25/09/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ARL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
44.0¢
Change
0.010(2.33%)
Mkt cap ! $87.86M
Open High Low Value Volume
43.5¢ 44.0¢ 43.5¢ $8.145K 18.67K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 36096 43.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
44.0¢ 25870 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ARL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.