ARL 0.84% 60.0¢ ardea resources limited

Hey @ClockworkSmurf Mate good to see you contributing more...

1. 1,389 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 557
    Hey @ClockworkSmurf Mate good to see you contributing more regularly. Its a tough time for the battery materials across the board.

Lithium concentrate down below US$1000, LME Nickle at 16K, Graphite , Cobalt all suppressed

As they say "The cure for low prices are low prices".

On the supply side - We are already seeing a supply side response (voluntary or forced)

- Panoramic, Ravensthorpe, Core lithium have succumbing to low prices (Forced)

- Syrah, Lynas, IGO all cutting production/stock piling.

- Jervois, Develop - delaying projects until price improves

- And a whole lot of developers have been forced into delays as investors wont commit capital in this environment

On the demand side

- We saw some of the highest export figures from Chinese Car manufacturers - Circa 5million cars exported from China flooding the world with cheap ICE. Among those 5million were growing number of EVs as well leading to BYD now overtaking Tesla.

- Close to 14 million electric cars sold in 2023 a number that is rising exponentially

- ESS seems to be finally picking up - albeit off a low base but expected to catch up fast

I am of a view that these Demand and Supply forces will really collide once China starts to pick up OR few more giga factories in US/EU comes on board (which is not going to happen yet). That collision will pave the way for the next explosive price cycle.

We are at the cusp of a demand driven super cycle! and that is why the deal flow are still very strong. BYD/Sigma, PLS/Gangfeng, CanadaNickel/Samsung - to site a few outside of what our beloved Chris & Gina are doing.

And then the Macro

One one hand the fears around inflation and rising interest rates are finally dissipating; While

The growing tensions due to Middle East and Taiwan election results are taking over as Risk #1. Lets not even mention Trump as that can spiral out of control very fast (i.e. it only attract kind of idiots who believe climate change is a hoax). I just got back from the mountains in Nepal and guess what there is hardly any snow on the peaks - Its the winter season!

There is a high risk of "Black Swan Events" which is sure to keep our markers very very volatile in 2024

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ARL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
60.0¢
Change
0.005(0.84%)
Mkt cap ! $117.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
60.5¢ 60.5¢ 59.0¢ $16.35K 27.51K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 4916 59.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
60.5¢ 28642 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.35pm 30/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
60.0¢
  Change
0.005 ( 0.84 %)
Open High Low Volume
59.5¢ 60.0¢ 59.0¢ 6668
Last updated 12.35pm 30/05/2024 ?
ARL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.