I mentioned the other day about seeing the first hare since the...

1. 15,975 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 134
    I mentioned the other day about seeing the first hare since the bushfires.
    Now I'm going to tell you about my pet hare ((temporary)
    I may have told this before but what the hell.

I was mowing some long grass a few summers ago, well more than a few, when I saw something so I got off to have a look. It was a baby hare.
    So I didn't move it or anything, I figured the mother would come back for it. I went and did some mowing elsewhere.
    But when I went back later it was still there so I figured the mother wasn't coming back and took it up to the house.
    Well till it grew a bit, some couple of months maybe, I became its mother. It used to sit between my feet when I was sitting in the chair. It ran round the house like a maniac. I summoned it like Thumper by banging my hand several times on the floor.
    It got to learn where we went to the toilet so it started doing its poops down behind the toilet.

But gradually I realised I had to rewild it, so I took it down to a bushy area near our creek and let it go from the cockies cage which it had been going into to feed and sleep sometimes. I told it to go and it took off.
    But my emotions got the better of me the next day and I thumped the ground and called it....and it came. So I took it back to the house but the next day I released it again.
    When I came back next day and called it it didn't appear.
    I hope it had a good life.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.