Peta Credlin showed her mettle at Andrews press briefing today, page-227

1. 37,304 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4

Andrews accountability is where he has had to step in and make changes because of the quarantine failure. Systems failed. That's one thing we know. Andrews has made moves to contain and correct those systems. Systems that imo, should have been in place for decades.

Rather than wait for the outcome of the inquiry, Andrews has taken action to get the second wave under control. Things went sideways and the Andrews government made moves to get it under control. Successfully I might add.

Interestingly, the federal government was only a month ago putting pressure on Victoria to open up. What about their duty of care ?

Andrews accountability is in the response to these failures. His accountability will also be acting on the recommendations of the inquiry. That could mean that Andrews has to sack some senior public servants . If it comes out that Andrews is personally responsible then he should go to. However, I suspect that is unlikely.

It is more important that Andrews implements the recommendations of the inquiry so that this never happens again.

It seems you aren't happy with an independent inquiry . What would you rather have ? No inquiry ? An internal Labor party inquiry ?

Just watching his presser now. The usual right wing Murdoch suspects wasting their time again. I notice that even though Andrews told them yesterday to go and ask the independent board for answers regarding phone records, they haven't bothered to.

Now, why is that ?

Instead , they continue to badger the Premier to release information . Hoping he might lose his cool maybe.

It seems the right wingers are a bit scared of independent inquiries. Seems they don't want to wait for the outcomes.

Maybe they want an internal review like the feds did with the sports rorts investigation ? wink.png

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.