peter costello... never pm, page-4

1. 23,081 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 827
    Interesting isn't it.

Hawke/Keating all over again.

The popular PM with the evil henchman as his deputy waiting for the opportunity to topple his boss.

I have stated previously that I didn't think Howard would go with out a fight because he believes too much in his own popularity. A popularity created in part because of no serious opposition either with in or out side of the Liberal party.

Howard should step aside gracefully and give Costello his chance 18 months before the next election.

Costello, like Keating has the personality of a house brick but also Howard was anything but charismatic prior to being PM.
    There are those that hate Howard but generally they are lefties.

With regards to lies/broken promises etc I think that we have created this enviroment. They all promise what they can't deliver just to get your vote.
    Well perhaps we should start voting only on whats been accomplished not what is promised. It is no use Pollies saying what they are going to do...your job is reviewed and rewarded on what you have done not what you are going to do.

anyway..for what it is worth I would like to see Costello get the opportunity.

cheers

debono

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.