The unions get into a company and upset the dynamic for profit....

1. 12,022 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3143
    The unions get into a company and upset the dynamic for profit. They need to cause issues to justify their fees,
    A company can be working very well until the unions turn up. They try and divide the workers away from the company and the management. This causes friction. They deliberately set the two groups against each other. The unions then tell the workers that they are being exploited (not by management, but by the unions a lot of the time)and they need representation for a fee. It's a legal mafia Labor style. This drives the price of business and service up and we all pay more for less. I watched this happen right in front of my eyes. My first real job was setting up auctions for bankrupt companies. These folded because of the unions. If they don't get what they want, they destroy the business and go somewhere else. Not all union guys are bad, but the machine itself is not in the best interest of all of us. Some unions can get some good outcomes, but people like Steka tell us more about how they operate. They operate outside the law at times. I've set up auctions in the 80s where the local stock and station agency wouldn't touch the auction for fear of reprisals and threats of violence from the union. People forget or don't realise the obvious. Unions are in business. They donate to Labor for a reason. They only represent about 10% of the workforce but have billions of dollars worth of control, major fees and power over most of us indirectly. Albo is handing them the keys to the country in order to get their money and political support. We come last on that list. They wield a lot of unwarranted power. Labour needs the union's money and In return, they want things sorted out so they financially benefit. For example, when Gillard got the top job, she immediately disbanded the building commission. Make of that what you will. If you think that made construction any cheaper or safer, start taking meds. The unions tell people that they can get them more money. The problem is that extra pay can bankrupt the business and it has many times. Look at what infrastructure costs in this country.
    AI is going to change everything for unions. Many of the worker base will be replaced in 5-10 years with robots and computers. Taxpayers poured $12b of real money over many years into the car manufacturing business in oz. The unions bleed it dry and wouldn't help the car companies make any changes when things got hard. It went broke and took the taxpayer's money with it. I can't wait to see what they do when they get control of the manufacturing part of the Submarines Labor has signed us up for. Labor reckons that the white elephant will cost nearly $400b. Trust me when I tell you, it will be closer to double that by the time it's rorted with inflation, demands and cost blowouts. Take a look at the NDIS and the NBN. Black holes for crooks.
    Unfortunately, Labor are also reliant on another bunch of lovely financial squatters, the Greens. Between all three of these groups living off tax payers, don't expect to see a drop in the cost of living any time soon.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.