Peter Dutton says "people fleeing Gaza should not be given visas., page-294

1. 45,691 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642
    really whats the difference between a few football (soccer that is) fans yelling alahu akba after their side had a win and a few NRL fans in the same frame of mind yelling Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, oi oi oi?

Egypt has a massive role they're already playing. they're absorbing thousands who've been granted visas to other countries as they have the airport. they're also keeping guard to prevent Gazan escapees from starting a diplomatic incident. they don't want a war with Israel either.

much more that I know nothing of as well. I'm sure.

fair enough on people coming here. I can understand the fear Dutton has conjured. you said it so well "we shouldn't encourage that here". and finger pointing at France and England is pointing at the violence being wrought by hooligans who really just want to bash someone. any excuse will do those people.

we've treated our own migrants awfully for decades. but each in turn acclimatises, we get to know some and relax our guard and after a couple of generations will shout them a beer at the pub. the names become Anglicised and their habits become like ours, their language and accent dims into their background and hey presto they're Aussie. oi.

Duttons just playing politics. dirty politics, divisive as ever.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.