nugget, thanks for your reply. I accept you neutral political...

1. 44,135 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642

nugget, thanks for your reply. I accept you neutral political stance, but I wasn't implying anything about you, merely commenting on Dutton.

his prediction could well and truly be right. ....... or not.... more likely not as Dutton hasn't used any substantiating data or information. he's merely guessing to fabricate a Opposing scenario.

but you're 100% correct wrt past efforts to address Aboriginal problems. some have been beneficial, but overall the Closing the Gap shows that little has been achieved.... and from the wildness of the current spate of youth anti-social behaviour, it seems more like the situation is deteriorating.

so why continue with the same old mistaken belief that non-aboriginal people know better than Aboriginal people do about what is good for them..... this is a "racist" superiority view, a white supremacist view is an example of the cross-over into the dangerous ground of white politicians thinking they know better.

the failings and faults in the current arrangements are the key to the dysfunctional methods employed by both sides in the past. therefore something must change.....

first Aussies have asked to have a say in matters, laws and policies that directly affect them and affect non-aboriginal people much less.

to me it makes very simple sense to enable them to have input into these decisions, its a matter of respect for the people directly effected by white peoples' laws and values.

Dutton in opposing the V offers a deep insult to first Aussies, suggesting clearly that they are incapable of offering intelligent advice. it also insults the intelligence of the general population by offering nothing substantive but delivering only empty rhetoric designed to undermine what the Voice offers.
    Last edited by Scott th Ratbag: 12/04/23

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.