Acts 2:38 - Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of...

1. 24,390 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Acts 2:38 - Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

What does "in the name of Jesus Christ" include among other things -> Belief in the death/burial/resurrection of Jesus for our sins, eternal life etc.

"And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit." -> Holy Spirit being the God and Father.
    Which incorporates -> John 6:45 - It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.
    Isa 54:13 - Then all your sons will be taught by Yehowah, and great will be their prosperity.

Where else do we see the Father Yehowah teaching us;
    John 16:14,15 - He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine (words, messages), and shall shew it unto you.
    All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Confirmation of "words and messages" -> John 14:26 - But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

Lo - Behold -> 16:14 above, who glorified Jesus = the God and Father = He IS the Spirit of Truth who is the Holy Spirit, who according to Luke's simple language, is Jesus's Father.

Are you now getting a Snippet of what "in Jesus Christ's name" represents ????????
    YEP, all of the word of God (Rev 19:13)

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.