XJO 0.19% 7,865.5 s&p/asx 200

Some may find this as fascinating as I do. The topping process...

1. 485 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 27
    Some may find this as fascinating as I do. The topping process from 20 Feb 2007 (Armstrong top) to the second of the double tops on 19 May 2008 took 314 trading days to complete and then panic ensued.
    From the top on 26 April 2010 to the second of the current double tops 21 July 2011 took 313 trading days and we are now descending at a faster rate. If the unsustainable market pumping by Big Ben and his buddies has placed a bear market on pause for 15 months then price now has quite a bit of catching up to do.
    Interestingly the pattern from the Feb 07 top to the March 09 low repeated from the April 2010 top lands smack on a rather large cycle. History repeating although I do think it possible that we will see prices back at 1994 or 1987 levels. A massive de-tox and a LOT of pain.

Speaking of history repeating a read of "1931 The Tragic Year" at
    http://mises.org/rothbard/AGD/chapter10.asp
    bears more than a slight resemblance to current events. This was mentioned quite some time back so thank you to whoever that was.

I think it is rather ironic that the very day Osama Bin Laden was killed by the US was quite likely the major top for quite some time to come.
    Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.